Hardware Requirements for PastPerfect 5.0
Please Note: Since the size of collections varies greatly, it is impossible to set one standard that fits all organizations using our software. If your collection is small, you may not need as powerful hardware as described below. Please contact our support office if you have concerns regarding the capability of your existing hardware to run the latest release of PastPerfect. Our toll-free number is 1-800-562-6080.
- 1 GHz Processor
- 512 MB RAM for Windows XP
- 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- 1024 x 768 Resolution Color Monitor
- Microsoft Word 2003 or higher
- Laser or Inkjet Printer
- CD-ROM Drive
- Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- 32 bit or 64 bit operating system
- Hard Drive Free Space:
- Program 140 MB
- Data 12 MB per 1000 records
- Images 200 MB per 1000 images*
* Note: Attaching digital images is a function of the MultiMedia Upgrade. Storage space is affected by the size and file format of the images. Images may be stored in a variety of formats that affect quality, disk storage space, and time required to display.
- Intel Pentium 4, 2 GHz+ Processor
- 2 GB RAM for Windows XP
- 3 GB RAM for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- 19 inch Color Monitor
- CD/DVD-Recordable Drive
- High-speed Internet Access
PastPerfect is capable of holding hundreds of thousands of records. Choosing hardware that exceeds our preferred hardware is recommended for clients with 100,000+ records.
Network Upgrade Hardware Requirements:
- Windows Networking
- Network throughput of 100Mbps
***Note: Running PastPerfect on a wireless network is not recommended.
MultiMedia Upgrade Hardware Requirements:
- TWAIN compatible Digital Scanner or Digital Camera
- CD/DVD-Recordable Drive (for Backup)
PastPerfect 4.0 users should consult PP4 system requirements.